Friday, February 8, 2008

Lost 80's tunes, obscure but not forgotten, Big Country, The Cure vs. The Essence

I am totally new to this blogging thing... so thought I would just start out slow... with a game plan.. I am just looking to have an outlet for some lost mostly forgotten 80's alternative, new wave, ethereal, dark wave, dance, Gothic, non-generic music to share with a perhaps unknowing public. Hopefully this stuff will be below the radar and will not rile up "the powers that be" in the record industry.

My Html skills are very minimum to say the least, and my spelling sometimes defies laws of nature. Please forgive...

Anyhoo... thought I would start out with an tidbit I stumbled upon sourced from on of my fave bands of 80's ... Big Country... some dj (die young) mixed the heck out of their song and put a trance/dance background upon it... It grew on me... so for my first blog release.. I bring you an unofficial mix of "In a Big Country"...

URL Deleted... Sorry

Hey... that worked... wow... Lets try another one now... Ummm... everyone has heard of "The Cure" but seems nobody has heard of "The Essence"... How could that be, they sounded so similar that most people could not tell one singer from the other.. the music was so similar that in a blind taste test, the results would have to be 50/50... So today I will put up an song from "The Essence" that nobody has heard... yeah... that is what this blog is about...

URL Deleted... Sorry

Now can you honestly say that The Essence didn't deserve some of "The Cure's" audience ? BTW.. this group the last I heard was still touring underground places in Europe... check them out if you get chance if you like dark wave moody Curish music.




No comments: